Healthier Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry

Good morning and happy Saturday! I'm so grateful for weekends. This weekend I plan on recharging, cleaning, and getting some things done in my home. Things have been stressful lately so I'm just trying to take it easy. I am still looking for a housecleaner/domestic assistant, I think that will really help eliminate some of my stress. 

A few nights ago I made this healthier Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry. Let me tell you the photos don't really do it justice. I typically don't have seconds of dinner but I did on this one. So good! 

I did change this up a little bit. The original recipe is from Keto Cooking Christian and can be found HERE. I'm on the Noom diet so I did make a few adjustments. Although I should be eating more peppers, I did eliminate red peppers. My family doesn't like onions so I replaced onions with onion powder. I used two different teriyaki sauces which made it so good. We did not use scallions or almonds. We also exchanged garlic for garlic powder. I also don't use salt. 

Ingredients
2 medium chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 cup broccoli florets
1/2 cup fat free chicken broth
1 tbsp onion powder
1/3 cup Primal Kitchen no soy, organic teriyaki sauce and marinade
1/4 cup original teriyaki sauce
2 tbsp Heraclea olive oil (I won a year supply of olive oil from them! So far, I love it!)
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground ginger
Black pepper

Directions:
Heat a large skillet on medium heat. Add the olive oil and then the chicken. Sprinkle with pepper. Saute for 3-5 minutes, making sure all sides are cooked. Remove the chicken to a plate. To the skillet, add onion powder, garlic powder and ginger. 

Pour in the chicken broth. Add in the broccoli and cook for a few minutes until cooked through (3-5 minutes). Add the chicken back in along with the teriyaki sauces and simmer for two more minutes. 

Serve with rice. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier