Baked Cheesy Mexican Layer Dip

I made this Baked Cheesy Mexican Layer Dip about two weeks ago and we actually ate it as a meal. Not only is it delicious, it is also healthy - with the original recipe being from SkinnyTaste. I never thought I would make a dip as a meal but it had enough flavor and ingredients, that it ended up being just fine! With NFL and NBA season back in play, it can also be a perfect snack or appetizer.

I went back to Grocery Outlet after I purchased the Ground Turkey for $1.50 and it was STILL $1.50! I couldn't believe it. Normally it's $5.00 so I was super excited. I purchased more for this recipe and to freeze for later.

Ingredients:
PAM cooking spray
1 pound ground turkey
2 1/4 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp salt
15oz can of fat-free refried beans
1 1/4 cups salsa
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese



Toppings:
avocado
tomatoes
sour cream
tortilla chips

Ingredients:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking dish with PAM. Heat skillet over medium-high heat and spray with PAM. Add turkey, cumin, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, and salt. Cook through until brown, about 8 minutes. Add the refried beans and mix well. Spread evenly over the bottom of a baking dish. Pour salsa on top. Place in oven for 35 minutes. Remove and top with cheese and cook for 6-7 more minutes.


Remove and top with your favorite toppings. Use chips to scoop out and enjoy!




As a side note: I have my giveaway going on HERE through December 7th! If you haven't entered yet, please do! I only have five entries so chances are high!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier