Easy Shredded Chicken Casserole Bake

Has anyone else experienced a weird week this week? I thought with it being a holiday weekend, things would be okay still but I barely know what day it is. Yesterday I worked 10 hours, today I worked 5 and then went to the gym. It's been quite the past few days. Luckily on Sunday I was able to prepare our meals for the week so even with my chaotic schedule, I'm still able to cook :) A few nights ago I made this Shredded Chicken Casserole Bake. It was SUPER easy and SUPER good. Jace loved it and had seconds. Next time I will use what the initial recipe called for - 8oz of cream cheese instead of 4 (all I had).

The original recipe that I pulled from can be found HERE. We didn't add the green chilis that the original recipe called for.

Ingredients:
8oz cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp salt
3 cups shredded chicken
1 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Directions: 
For the shredded chicken, I just put 3 chicken breasts in the crockpot with water and let it sit for 4 hours.


I took two forks and shredded the chicken. Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients, reserve 1/4 cup shredded cheese. Spread mixture into a dish.


Sprinkle reserved cheese over top of casserole and bake for 40 minutes.




Let me know if you try this recipe and if you prefer the 4oz or 8oz cream cheese! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier