Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Casserole

It's Saturday which means blog day! I have two blogs that I will be sharing today (hopefully!) I finally have a weekend off work so I'll be making time for new recipes. This recipe I made earlier in the week and it's a Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Casserole which can be credited HERE.

Before I go over the recipe, I have to ask a random question. Has anyone signed up for the new CVS program? I got conned into it only because they said I would save $10 on my purchase today and then I don't have to pay the monthly $5 program fee for a month and a half. Anyways, my point being, I was planning on cancelling it right away but I have already seen so many perks that it's been worth it. I actually have a few recipes planned this weekend and I need to stop by the store - I received an email from CVS yesterday saying if I take this survey (took maybe 5 min), they will give me a $15 Rewards credit. So I did that. Then I had a 40% off one item offer and they even gave me a coupon for $1.99 water bottle 24 pack. I also take four prescriptions per day and not only are my prescriptions free because of my insurance, through this CVS program, I now have them shipped for FREE so I pay nothing and I'll receive them on Monday. I am not getting paid to share this program but in order to create amazing recipes, it costs money to purchase groceries so the more I can save, the better!

Anyways, back to the recipe:

Ingredients: 
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
28oz can red enchilada sauce, mild
8 corn tortillas, torn into quarters
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 can of black olives, if wanted

Directions:
Put the chicken breasts and enchilada sauce in your slow cooker.


Cook on high 4 hours. Shred the chicken with two forks. Cut the tortillas into quarters and add to chicken and enchilada sauce. Stir. Add 1 cup of the cheese and stir again.


Flatten the mixture. Add the rest of the cheese and the olives on top (I added olives on half and no olives on the other half). Cook on low for 60 minutes.



Serve with sour cream, lettuce, salsa, or even more corn tortillas. Enjoy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier