Chicken Fried Rice Recipe

Today I am hoping to provide you guys with two recipes - Chicken Fried Rice and a Penne Meatball Bake. I meant to do a blog yesterday but I didn't get on my computer at all yesterday (for once) because of how busy I was - Jace got to meet his 4th grade teacher and she went over his Chromebook and distance learning that he will be starting on Monday! And then I went to Dollar General because they are having a HUGE Clearance Sale this weekend. If you are curious about Penny Shopping or Clearance Shopping at DG, you will want to read this blog - https://abbielynn02.blogspot.com/2019/06/penny-shopping-at-dollar-general.html

After DG I went to Smart and Final to get more groceries, came home, unloaded groceries and started making dinner. I also watched the recorded Jazz game and they are KILLING it in the playoffs you guys! I am so proud of my team!

Anyways...back to the recipe. I made this last night and it was super easy. The original recipe was from The Recipe Critic and I don't own a wok so we just used a skillet (although owning a wok would be awesome and it would be used often if we had one!) We don't use regular onion so I replaced the onion with 1.5 tablespoons of onion powder. I also added 2 tablespoons soy sauce in the initial instruction and then we replaced the 3 cups cooked rice with two of the Jasmine rice cups that you can just microwave. Super easy! Let me know if you make this, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Ingredients:
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into small pieces
2 of the Jasmine rice cups (they come together, microwavable)
2 Tbsp sesame oil
1.5 Tbsp onion powder
1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 eggs, lightly beaten


Instructions:
In a large skillet, add the vegetable oil and the 2 tbsp soy sauce. Add in the small pieces of chicken and cook until brown and cooked through. Add to a bowl and set aside.


Pour sesame oil in the skillet, add the onion powder, peas and carrots and fry until tender.


Leave them in the skillet but slide them to the side. Pour the beaten eggs on the other side and use a spatula to scramble the eggs. Once cooked, mix the eggs with the vegetables.


Microwave the two cups of rice. Add in the rice and chicken to the skillet and pour the 2 Tbsp soy sauce on top. Mix together and serve.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier