Eat Your Coffee Review - Caffeinated Keto Bars + Nut Butter

For those who have known me awhile, or my whole life, know that I am not a big coffee drinker. In fact, when my Mom and I would go to Starbucks in Utah, I would always get a cold drink such as a Vanilla Bean Frappuccino. Although, I have to say that I absolutely LOVE the smell of a freshly brewed coffee in the morning. That is one thing I will not deny. And for the past six years at least, my drink of choice has always been Coke Zero. In the morning it's almost always my Coke Zero and protein bars of some sort. I have been trying to wean off my Coke Zero since I know how bad it is for me and I recently discovered Eat Your Coffee bars and was rather intrigued by them. These products have both the caffeine that I love and need to push me through my day, and in a bar form which means I don't need to change the type of food I am eating.

Every bar is made with high-fiber dates (to improve digestive health), gluten-free oats (to keep you full and satisfied), organic nut butter (for strength and protein), and organic coffee (to keep you energized).

                                                

According to their website, Eat Your Coffee was founded by college students and the mission of these products is to help people get energized and get more done through naturally-caffeinated snacks. Eat Your Coffee offers wholesale products, free samples, bundles, subscriptions, and text messaging alerts. They are focused on supporting the farming communities and also provide a snack where you can feel good and energized after each bite. Every bar contains one cup of coffee PLUS, the best part is it's 100% vegan and gluten-free! If you have any dietary restrictions, you should have no problem with being able to eat these. They are organic, vegan, gluten-free, non-GMO, and are made with ethically-sourced ingredients. Imagine being able to eat one 8oz cup of coffee in a bar form. It's amazing, right?

--------------------------------

On June 28, 2019, I decided, for myself, to make a change in my diet. I'm not strict by any means but I did start incorporating low carb and Keto ingredients into my meals, which, in turn, led to blogs about healthier recipes. In the past 14 months, I have lost between 7-11 pounds total. Now, I know that isn't a lot, but seeing as how I'm not on a strict diet and since I have been living in California the past three years, I have gained about 10 pounds per year since I have been living here. Can you believe that? So any type of weight loss for me right now is considered a win. 

COVID has been extremely hard on me losing weight. Before we moved to Bradley, we lived in an apartment in Paso Robles that had a gym. It closed back in March with COVID and I was trying to go 1-2 times per week. I don't necessarily enjoy at-home workouts but I have been wanting a Peloton lately - anyone else?? When we moved to Bradley, since we live in the country, I have been walking to our mailbox 2-3 times per week which is about 1/3 of a mile total. The temperature lately has been scorching hot (101-104 degrees F on average) so I haven't been able to do that as much as I would like to.

With not working out as much as I would like to, eating healthier is the best option for me. The Eat Your Coffee bars are Keto which makes eating healthier a lot easier. Since I usually eat protein bars in the morning, this wasn't a huge change or adjustment for me. Not only are these bars Keto, but they also help with boosting productivity and focus. If you work from home like I do, it's easy to get caught up in cereal, unhealthy food items, or snacking throughout the day. Having the Eat Your Coffee bars for breakfast in the morning has provided me with more energy to push through any work I have planned for the day. It also has been keeping me on track with my health progress and status. Everyone knows that you can't start your day without coffee (or caffeine), so why not do so in a protein bar form? A cup of coffee can get cold, it can take time to heat up, and can spill. With a bar, it's easy to take with you, won't get cold, you can get your coffee fix quicker, and you don't have to worry about it spilling or any additional residue. Although one downside is you don't get that amazing coffee smell.

                                                

I have two planners - one for work and one for personal - and, as you can see, my planner is filled up all day every day. With having a planner this full, caffeine is a MUST. The Eat Your Coffee bars have helped with energy, caffeine, and it is a very tasty treat. Since I live in a rural area, I usually plan my outings in advance and go into town maybe once a week. If I'm lucky, twice a week. These bars have been the perfect snack for on-the-go. They are super easy to transport - carry in a bag or backpack, on a hike, in the car, or at the lake.


I purchased two of the Almond Mocha bars and decided to eat one per day (I didn't want to overload myself on the coffee) which was perfect. Although a little smaller than expected (definitely smaller than your average protein bar), they were just enough to keep me satisfied until lunch. 


They had a nice texture to them, they weren't sticky and didn't leave any residue. Even though these bars DO taste like coffee, the flavor was super easy to get used to and it's nothing like I have ever tried before. The caffeine had kicked in within the first 30-60 minutes (and is it funny that I just typed "coffeine" instead of "caffeine" - I think that word fits better!) and helped to beat the 3pm slump (that I swear is an everyday thing now). Once that buzz kicks in, you will probably end up doing something crazy, like, I don't know, clean house or something - that seemed to be what I did. It seems like daily I am too tired to even wake up and focus so I have been extremely thankful to give these a try and glad that I could at least accomplish some things around the house while I was at it. 


The bars I want to try next are - Peanut Butter Mocha and Salted Caramel Macchiato ðŸ˜‹ðŸ˜‹ðŸ˜‹ I also want to purchase the Keto Bundle and the Mocha Mint Snack Bites. I am curious to see how the other flavors would taste because, based off what I have read, some of the flavors are not much different from each other due to the high coffee taste and flavor. Eat Your Coffee also has two types of nut butter. I was able to try the Almond Coconut Nut Butter but I would also like to try the Almond Cappuccino Nut Butter. 

Some ways to incorporate these protein bars and snack bites into your diet could include: breaking down the bar and adding it to trail mix, adding it to a yogurt bowl, making coffee brownies, eat one before a workout to help provide you with a boost of energy, take one when you don't have coffee or the time to make a cup of coffee, before a hike, before you do errands, take one with you on a plane or when you travel, if you have to stay up late to study for school, you can take a bar with you to the pool or lake, put it in your pocket for when you need a pick-me-up, eating it alongside a banana or fresh fruit, or once you wake up and you are about to start working.

If you are looking for an Energizing Morning Smoothie Bowl that uses the Eat Your Coffee bars, click HERE for the full recipe. This bowl is made using the Fudgy Mocha Latte bar, bananas, avocados, greens, milk, protein powder, berries, and seeds. 

After I tried the bars, I decided to sample the Almond Coconut Nut Butter. If I were to choose my favorite product between the protein bars and nut butter, I would choose the nut butter. I made an Almond Coconut Nut Butter and Grape Jelly sandwich and it was delicious. Both are great options when it comes to eating healthy as they are both Keto (the bread isn't Keto and the jelly contains sugar) and both contain caffeine.

Some ways to incorporate the nut butter into your diet could include: putting it on toast, putting it on a bagel or apple, in a smoothie or smoothie bowl, in overnight oats, or make your own cookies and add in the nut butter. Eat Your Coffee wrote a blog post, "Our 5 Favorite Nut Butter Snacks" that assist with ways to incorporate their nut butter. You can read the full blog HERE



On the Eat Your Coffee website, they have several products, flavors, and bundles to choose from. Here is what they offer:

If you haven't tried Eat Your Coffee before, first of all, what are you waiting for? And second of all, let me know what flavor you would choose and why in the comments below! If you love coffee, these protein bars, bites, and nut butter were made just for you. Even if you aren't a big fan of coffee like myself, knowing that these products are Keto, low calorie, and helps with my diet is all I need to start using and eating them daily. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier