Instant Pot Mac and Cheese

My mom bought me an Instant Pot for Christmas after I saw SO many recipes using one. In our old apartment, I used the Instant Pot one time and it was a chicken recipe that ended up being disastrous. Since then, I have been extremely hesitant to make a recipe using my Instant Pot. This past weekend I decided that I should try again but make an easier recipe and one that has steps to follow to fully understand the Instant Pot. The original recipe can be found HERE.

Ingredients:
1 pound dried macaroni
4 cups water
4 Tbsp butter
1/2 Tbsp mustard
1 Tbsp salt 
1.5 cups milk
4oz cheddar cheese, shredded
6oz mozzarella cheese, shredded


Directions:
In the stainless steel pot of the Instant Pot, combine dried pasta, water, butter, mustard, and salt.


Place in the Instant Pot, lock in place and close the vent. Use manual mode to set the Instant Pot to High Pressure for 4 minutes. It should take 10-15 minutes to come to pressure and then it should beep, then it will count down from 4 minutes. I think mine took about 15-20 minutes to come to pressure.


Once it's done and finishes the 4 minute countdown, use a hot pad and move the pressure release valve to Quick Release and turn the Instant Pot off. Do not touch the top or the valve without using something like a hot pad. It's extremely hot. The Keep Warm mode should NOT be on or the pasta can overcook. Once the pressure has all been released, turn the lid to open, again using a hot pad, and keep the lid angled away from you. Stir in milk and cheese.



Stir until melted and serve immediately. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier