Homemade Chili on the Stove

My cousin shared another recipe last week that I just had to try - Wendy's Chili. Now I enjoyed this one but there were a few hiccups where I learned a few lessons for next time. I personally don't think this tasted like Wendy's Chili so I renamed it. I replaced the tomato juice with spaghetti sauce and didn't use celery or green pepper. I also replaced the onion with onion powder. This could be why it didn't taste the same. Apparently I had the wrong burner on the stove turned on and I was wondering why it wasn't cooking :/ This went on for like an hour. So that was problem number one - embarrassing I know. Then I had it on the stove for 30 minutes and the bottom of the pan burned so maybe spray the pan beforehand or maybe use a little it of vegetable oil with it so it doesn't stick? Those were my lessons. Now onto the recipe.

I actually enjoyed this one with some Saltine crackers. Kevin didn't care for it. Hopefully yours turns out better after my mistakes ;)

Ingredients:
2 pounds ground beef
24oz pasta (spaghetti) sauce
15oz can tomato puree
15oz can red kidney beans, drained
2 tbsp onion powder
1/8 cup chili powder
2 tsp ground cumin
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper


Directions:
In a large skillet, brown the ground beef. Drain off the fat. Put the beef and all of the ingredients in a large pot.



Cover the pot and let it simmer for 1 to 1.5 hours, stirring every 15 min. I stirred mine first after 30 min. which could have also explained why the bottom of the pot burned :/ Enjoy with Saltine Crackers and cheddar cheese.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier