Easy Sloppy Joe's with a Secret Ingredient

 Last night I made the most delicious Sloppy Joe's I have ever made. I made them on the stovetop and used a secret ingredient because I did not have Onion Powder. Keep reading to see what it is. The original recipe was an Instant Pot recipe HERE but I decided to do stovetop instead. The original recipe called for 3 pounds of ground beef and I only used 1.5 pounds. I used about 3/4 of the sauce and saved the rest for later. 

My version is below. 

Ingredients:
1.5 pounds ground beef
1 pack dry onion powder mix (this is the secret ingredient and it worked wonderfully!)
Cracked pepper, as much as you would like
1.5 tbsp garlic powder
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp mustard
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp Thyme
2 cups ketchup
1 cup chili sauce
1 cup water


Directions:
In a large pan on the stove, cook the ground beef, dry onion powder mix and some cracked pepper. Cook until browned. 

Drain. In a bowl, mix together all of the other ingredients and pour on top of the ground beef. 

Add more cracked pepper and cook on medium heat for 4 minutes. Serve on buns. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier