How to Make a Spinach and Artichoke Ravioli Bake

Do you ever have those days where you are just purely exhausted? That was me yesterday. Not just physically exhausted from doing HIIT twice a week and working and homeschooling but just emotionally drained. I have only been getting about 6.5 hours of sleep a night (no fault but my own) the past few nights and just want to stay in bed and watch movies. Could this also be that I just had a 4-day weekend? Who knows LOL.

Anywayssssss....last night I made this Spinach and Artichoke Ravioli Bake from Delish. I have never used canned artichoke hearts so I wasn't too sure what to expect. They were pretty easy to chop up and tasted amazing. I'm so glad I made this - it's been on my list FOREVER - but I finally got around to it. If you make it, let me know in the comments below!

Ingredients:
3 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp minced garlic
3 Tbsp flour
2 cups milk
2 Tbsp cream cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella/Italian mix cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 can artichoke hearts, chopped
2 cups frozen spinach, thawed
Juice of 1/2 lime
Salt and pepper, for taste
As much ravioli as you would like, not cooked - I did about half of a bag


Directions:
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add minced garlic and cook about 1-2 minutes. Whisk in the flour and stir about one more minute. Gradually pour in the milk, whisking constantly. Turn the heat up a little bit and bring the mixture to a simmer. Stir in cream cheese, 2/3 cup mozzarella/Italian cheese mix, and parmesan cheese.



Let simmer until the sauce is bubbly and thick, about 3 minutes. Fold in artichoke hearts and spinach and add lime juice, salt and pepper. Remove from heat.


Spray a baking pan with cooking spray and add a thing layer of sauce on the bottom of the dish. Lay ravioli in a single layer and then top with the sauce.



Repeat with remaining ravioli and remaining sauce. Top with remaining cheese and bake 30 minutes. Serve with garlic bread or garnish with parsley. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier