Crockpot Brisket Sandwiches

Last night I made this super easy brisket in the crockpot and pulled it to make sandwiches. It was one of the BEST brisket sandwiches I have had. I added BBQ sauce as a condiment and it was SO good you guys. If you want an easy and delicious recipe, this is the one! The original recipe for the brisket can be found HERE. I followed the directions to a T except I added two other seasonings in mine below. 

Ingredients:
2 tbsp paprika
2 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp pepper
3.5 pounds brisket
1 tbsp EVOO
2 cups beef broth
**1/2 tsp Bren's Original Blend
1/2 tsp The Steak at Home Order from Pinch Spice Market



**Story below

Directions:
Combine paprika, salt, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper in a small bowl. Rub over brisket. Heat oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the brisket and brown on both sides, about 4 minutes per side and transfer to a slow cooker. 


Add beef broth to the pan along with Bren's Original Blend and The Steak at Home Order seasoning. Increase heat to high and cook for five minutes. Use a wooden spoon and scrape up browned bits. Pour over brisket. Cover and cook on high for six hours. Pull apart in crockpot. 



Let sit for 5-10 minutes. Toast hamburger buns in either the oven or toaster. Add BBQ sauce to the buns and then place brisket on top. Serve immediately. 


**Now to the story about the Bren's Original Blend. I was at our local market and there was a guy there with a cart and a bunch of seasonings in the cart. I almost ran into him so apologized. We talked for a few minutes and he asked if I liked to cook. Of course I said YES! He said, "Have you tried my seasonings?" and I was like, "What seasonings are they?" and he said, "My name is Bren and I have these seasonings that I sell here." and he told me the story of the seasonings and how he worked with local companies to make them and then make them better. If you are looking to support small, I recommend Bren's. I purchased two of his seasonings but only used the Original Blend so far. His website is linked above. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier