Garlic Chicken Recipe

I was planning on posting this Garlic Chicken recipe last week but...the week got away from me (seems like that happens more these days). This tells you the kind of week I'm having when I have 2,300 unread emails and Instagram banned me for 7 days for liking too many posts at once :/ Ugh. But hopefully this Garlic Chicken recipe will be great for you guys and you enjoy it as much as Kevin and I did :) 

The only two things that I changed in this recipe is used garlic powder instead of chopped garlic and I used the That's Amore seasoning pack from Pinch Spice Market. I also used 2 chicken breasts instead of 3. The link to the original recipe can be found HERE and I also linked the seasoning below.

Ingredients:
2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 in cubes
1 tbsp flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp garlic powder
3 tbsp That's Amore Italian Seasoning
2 tbsp butter

Ingredients for the Gravy:
1 tbsp flour
1 cup chicken broth
1 tbsp butter


Directions:
Cut the chicken into cubes and dry them with paper towels. In a bowl, toss them with flour, salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Add the chicken and cook for 4 minutes in one layer. Turn and cook for 4 more minutes. Meanwhile, combine the garlic and seasoning in a bowl. Add the butter and seasonings mixture to the skillet and saute for 1 minute. Use a spoon to remote the chicken to a plate. You should not have a lot of oil in the pan. If you do, remove all but one tbsp. Add the butter for the gravy and cook over medium heat to melt. Add the flour and mix for about one minute, stirring continuously. Slowly add the chicken broth and mix until broth has been added. Cook over medium heat and stir until the gravy has cooked down a bit. I added the chicken back in the skillet and mixed together for about one minute and then served with rice and asparagus. If you make this, comment below and let me know what you think!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier