Easy Slow Cooker Pot Roast with Vegetables

Guys, what a week, am I right?! For it being a short week and for me having a 3-day weekend, it has still been insane. Monday we took Jace to the instacare for his cough that unfortunately got worse overnight. We also found out he had an ear infection so he stayed home with me on Tuesday. Wednesday was a 13 hour day for me plus Kevin's birthday so I tried to make it as special as possible with great ideas from my Facebook friends :)

Today was a 5.5 hour day and then I had to go to the hospital for a diagnostic to see if I have sleep apnea (pft with post bronchodilator spirometry). They did some breathing tests which were so hard for me to "pass" at times. They also gave me this medicine to see if my throat would enlarge to see if I have anything wrong. They mixed it with air and I breathed it in. It was so odd but, on the plus side, nothing seems wrong with my lungs or breathing :) Now to just figure out why I woke up twice in the past five months and not being able to breathe. *Sigh

With no basketball on tonight, I hope tonight is an early night. Typically I cook but we decided to order pizza tonight so I wanted to share something healthier that we had a few nights ago - a super easy crockpot roast with vegetables. I love days where I can just let my dinner sit and have it ready by the time the boys are home. The original recipe that I looked at was from HERE and I apologize in ahead of time that some of my photos aren't the best. I added cornstarch in the crockpot (see below) and didn't wipe it down. Laziness at it's finest ;) Enjoy!

Ingredients:
- 4 baby potatoes, cut into chunks
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 1-3 pound chuck roast
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 carrots, cut into pieces (I bought fresh carrots at the store, the larger ones, I didn't peel them and just cut them)

Directions:
In a slow cooker, whisk together the tomato paste, cornstarch, and 1 cup water. 


Add the carrots, potatoes, onion powder, and toss to combine. 


Season the beef with salt and pepper (to your taste) and set on top of the vegetables. 


Cover and cook until tender, 5 hours on high. Let the meat rest, slice the meat and cook for 30 more minutes. Serve with vegetables and sprinkle with basil or oregano.



Let me know if you make this recipe below! What did you eat it with?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier