Easy Taco Seasoned Beef Lettuce Wraps

I have been wanting the Wholesome Yum Easy Keto Cookbook for MONTHS and I finally got it for Christmas (Thanks BF!) I was off work for 9 days so I decided to take the time and go through my cookbook, write down some recipes, and start making some delicious meals. One of the first meals I made was the Thai Beef Lettuce Wraps on page 69 of the cookbook - can also be found HERE. Since we don't like fish sauce, coconut aminos were too expensive, and we didn't want bell pepper, we ended up changing the recipe quite a bit. I just used this recipe as a reference/guide and we ended up making taco-seasoned beef which was much more flavorful. I can't say it was low carb but it was still delicious. I also am a huge fan of butter lettuce which was used in the recipe. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
-1 tbsp avocado oil
-2 tsp minced garlic
-1 pound ground beef
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/4 tsp pepper
-1 1/2 tbsp lime juice
-1 taco seasoning packet
-8 leaves butter lettuce
-1/2 avocado, diced
-1/2 cup water


Directions:
In a pan, heat avocado oil over medium heat. Add the garlic powder and stir for about one minute. Add the ground beef and season with salt and pepper. Break apart meat with spatula, about 10 minutes. Add the lime juice, taco seasoning, and water and cook for 5-7 minutes.


Fill the leaves with the beef and avocado. You can also top with salsa, sour cream, and cheese.


If you enjoy lettuce wraps, let me know in the comments below what kind you make and how you top yours! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier