Chicken and Black Bean Soup Recipe in the Slow Cooker

Is it just me or does the holiday 3-day weekends end up feeling soooo much longer than normal weeks? I didn't work on Monday and I feel like this is the longest week of my life. It's not necessarily a bad thing, it just feels super long. I have been in a weight loss plateau so this week I had some extra time and went to the gym 3 days this week. I also decided to only purchase and focus on low-carb or keto foods - I usually only stick with low carb for dinner meals and not really throughout the rest of the day. I purchased almonds, quest bars, egg bites, and other snacks to help me get through the day. I am down 9 pounds as of today but still keep going up or plateauing so I'm trying to change my habits. I'm four days strong.

Earlier this week I made this Tex Mex Chicken and Black Bean Soup recipe. The original recipe can be found HERE. It was super easy to make and we had ours with tortilla chips. I added one more chicken thigh since they were fairly small, used chicken broth instead of stock, eliminated the bell peppers and chipotle chiles, and exchanged the onion and garlic for onion powder and garlic powder. We also didn't top the soup with yogurt and cilantro like the original recipe called for.

Ingredients:
5 chicken thighs
32oz chicken broth
15oz can black beans, drained
14.5oz diced tomatoes
1 Tbsp onion powder
1 cup canned corn
1 Tbsp garlic powder
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp ground cumin
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp lime juice



Directions:
Combine chicken, broth, beans, tomatoes, onion powder, corn, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper in a crockpot.



Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours. Shred chicken and return to slow cooker. Enjoy with tortilla chips or top with sour cream.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier