Ranch Chicken Tacos in the Crockpot

The last two days I have woken up about an hour and a half before I needed to which is rather different for me but there has been a lot on my mind. Between moving in 30 days, finding out where to move to, applying, packing, homeschooling, and working, life has been nothing short of stressful.

We put our 30 day notice in today, we are almost done applying for an apartment in Hesperia, and I still have a full list of things that have to get done. Being in quarantine doesn't help, wearing masks everywhere we go is the new normal.Yesterday was probably the worst for me. I haven't been that stressed out in a very long time. I went out and did some essential errands, went out on the porch several times to get some fresh air, life is definitely changing. Is anyone else feeling it? I'm not pregnant but it feels like it with all of my mood swings and stress lately. And I am one to eat so much food, in case you didn't know, but last night I hardly ate anything. In fact, I made these Ranch Chicken Tacos in the Crockpot and only ended up eating one. They were good so of course there is a blog post, but there weren't as many glamorous photos this time. The original recipe was found HERE. A few things were different from the original recipe. I did 2 large chicken breasts instead of 3-4, I did a whole taco seasoning packet instead of 2 tablespoons, and didn't add red onion or cilantro. If you make this, let me know how you liked it!

Ingredients:
2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup water
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 packet ranch seasoning
flour tortillas, as many as you need
1/4 cup ranch dressing
coleslaw, as much as you need

Optional: cheese, avocado, tomato, cilantro

Directions:
Place chicken breasts in a slow cooker. Pour in water then sprinkle the chicken with taco and ranch seasoning packets. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.


Shred chicken with two forks or tongs. Add 1/4 cup ranch dressing and cook for 20 more minutes. When ready to serve, fill tortillas with chicken. Top with slaw, avocado, cheese, cilantro and tomatoes or whatever ingredients you prefer. Enjoy!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier