Unstuffed Beef Egg Roll Stir Fry

Somehow I woke up this morning and I'm at my lowest weight in the past month - and only one pound away from my lowest weight since I started my weight loss journey last June. The only reason I can guess is because I have been forcing myself to eat dinner the past two nights - and both nights have been lighter and healthier options. Once 11pm hits though, my stomach is grumbling but I've been saying NO! I really need to get back to healthy food and a healthy lifestyle.

For those who are on a Keto, low-carb journey, I'm sure you have heard of the Unstuffed Beef Egg Roll Stir Fry. This has been one of the most talked about recipe that I have seen. Well, like usual, no matter how much I plan and prepare for recipes, I always end up not having enough of something. The changes we made in this recipe - I didn't have Sesame Oil so I used Olive Oil. Next time I will for sure try with Sesame Oil. I also didn't have Ginger so I used Ground Nutmeg. I think it needs more flavor so next time I will add Sesame Oil, more Soy Sauce, Ginger, Fresh Garlic, and Sesame Seeds. It was still good, I ate all of it but just needed something more. Anyways, here is the original recipe. Let me know which one you like better and if you made this or not.

Ingredients:
1.5 pounds of ground beef
1 cup of bagged coleslaw mix
5 small carrots, cut into small pieces
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp onion powder
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup soy sauce

Directions:
In a small bowl, mix together the minced garlic, ground nutmeg, olive oil and soy sauce and set aside.


Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add beef. Cook all the way through. Drain. Stir in carrots and cabbage and stir fry for about three minutes.


Drizzle soy sauce into the skillet as well as onion powder. Continue cooking for four minutes. If you have sesame seeds, feel free to top with sesame seeds and green onions when you are done.




Enjoy! ðŸŽ‡ðŸŽ‡


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier