Keto Grilled Cheese Sandwich

With yesterday being the 4th of July, I tried to at least have a balanced lunch - a Keto Grilled Cheese Sandwich, an Apple, my Jello Shots, and a Coke Zero. It's all about balance, right? LOL

This is the first time I have made the 90 second bread that replaces regular bread on the Keto diet. I actually liked the sandwich although nothing compares to my Nana's Grilled Cheeses ;)

The original recipe can be found here and I made a few changes, as always, to make it my own. I added shredded mozzarella cheese, garlic powder, onion powder and Italian seasonings. If you make this, let me know in the comments below!

Ingredients:
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1 1/3 Tbsp coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 egg
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
One small handful of shredded cheddar cheese
One small handful of shredded mozzarella cheese


Directions:
Melt butter in a bowl for 20 seconds.


In the same bowl, add the coconut flour, egg, baking powder, Italian Seasoning, garlic powder, and onion powder.


Whisk together. Put back in the microwave for 90 seconds. Take out and let cool for 30 seconds.


Cut in half as evenly as possible. Heat some olive oil or butter on a skillet, place one bread piece down, add the two cheeses and the other bread.


Wait until crisp and then flip. Wait until crisp and enjoy :)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier