Sharp White Cheddar Cheese Dip/Sauce

Last night I made nachos and used this Mexican White Cheese Dip/Sauce recipe from All Recipes to pour on top. Usually we buy pre-made cheese sauce so it was nice to actually make our own. I'm going to have two separate blogs - one for the Sheet Pan Nachos and one for the cheese sauce. I actually did this dip quite differently than the original. The original called for white American Cheese and I used Sharp White Cheddar Cheese. It called for milk and since ours was bad, I used half and half. And I did not use green chilies. Our version is below.

Ingredients:
One block of Sharp White Cheddar Cheese, cubed
1/2 cup Half and Half
1 Tbsp butter
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
1 pinch of cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp pepper


Directions: 
Place cheese (cubed), half and half, and butter in a medium saucepan on low heat.


Cook until cheese is almost melted. Stir in cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper.


Heat through all the way, add pepper, and serve on top of Sheet Pan Nachos.



It's hard to see the sauce on there, but trust me when I say it's there :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier