Pizza Stuffed Chicken Recipe

When I first heard this recipe, I wasn't too sure on how it would be. I'm pretty picky when it comes to Chicken Breast recipes but I do love pepperoni pizza so I thought I would give it a try. The original recipe was from That Low Carb Life and I changed a few things based on our preferences. The original recipe called for 4 chicken breasts but I only made two - one each for Kevin and I. I didn't want to make too many and then waste it if we didn't like it. I also used less pepperoni slices since I used less chicken and we didn't use the parsley at the end. I would rate this recipe a 7.5/10. It was surprisingly better than I would have thought. Would I make it again? I'm not too sure on that one. Is it worth making once to try it? Absolutely.

Ingredients:
2 large chicken breasts, thick or larger pieces
2 tsp avocado oil
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp salt
8oz bag, shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 cup pizza (or spaghetti) sauce


Directions:
Spray a baking dish with PAM or cooking spray. Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board. Use a sharp knife to cut a pocket in the side of each chicken breast. Drizzle both sides of the chicken with the avocado oil and season with garlic powder, Italian seasoning and salt.

Place 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese in the pocket of each chicken breast. Add 4 slices of pepperoni over the cheese and close. Place the chicken in the baking dish and drizzle with pizza sauce. 

Spread the sauce out to cover the top of the chicken. Sprinkle with the rest of the mozzarella, parmesan, and remaining pepperoni slices.


Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes or until the chicken is done. I put mine in for 35 minutes, checked it and put it back in for about 7 more minutes. Serve with dinner rolls or garlic bread. 

Did you try this recipe? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier