Doritos Taco Salad

Does anyone go to the store and spend so much money with, or without, realizing how much they spent? I spent so much between Walmart and the market yesterday but at least we should have food for the next few weeks! I plan to write three blogs today for you guys to catch up on these past few days and hopefully I'll have more for you guys this week since I have some healthier meals all planned out. 

Also, for not currently working, I am surprised at how insanely busy I have been. Jace started summer school yesterday so from 8:30-11:30am Monday-Friday for the next two weeks he will be at school which gives me time to work on my glitter tumblers and write blogs :) 

Anyways, last night we made these Dorito Taco Salad last night and I was fairly impressed! They were super easy to make, tasted delicious and using fresh vegetables made me feel good after eating it. The original recipe can be found HERE. I thought the Catalina Dressing brought everything together and added a little sweetness to the meal. I have never tried Catalina Dressing and didn't even know what I was looking for when I went to the store but I'm glad I bought it. The toppings are optional but if you love tacos, I think you will enjoy this! 

Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef
One packet taco seasoning
3/4 cup water
lettuce, washed 
tomatoes, diced
Nacho Cheese Doritos
1 bottle Catalina Dressing
One can of corn, drained
One can of black beans, drained and rinsed
Cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 avocado, diced
Pico de Gallo

Directions:
Cook ground beef in a skillet on the stove on medium heat for 5-7 minutes, or until no pink remains. Add taco seasoning and water. Let simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from stove. Clean and cut lettuce and add a bed of lettuce in the bottom of a bowl. Add taco meat, crumbled Doritos (as much as you would like), dressing, corn, black beans, cheese, avocado, pico de gallo and any other toppings you would like. Stir and enjoy! See, super easy! 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier