Sausage and Vegetable Skillet

I've made several sausage and vegetable skillet dinners before in the past including THIS ONE HERE but they always end up being so different from each other. I love sausage and vegetable skillets for a few reasons. The first is that it's SUPER easy to make. The second is it tastes amazing and the third is it's fairly healthy for you! This one actually has a soy sauce marinade which was pretty salty but not enough to not eat the entire plate ;) 

The original recipe was in an email I had received but I did not save it so I don't know who to give credit to :/ Their full version is below and if you recognize this, please let me know so I can give credit! 

Ingredients:
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp fresh ginger minced
3 cloves garlic
salt and pepper to taste
4 brats
2 assorted bell peppers
1 red onion
1 zucchini
1 yellow square

Directions:
Cut vegetables into 1 inch pieces. Add all marinade ingredients and cut vegetables to zip lock bag. Marinade at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours. Heat large skillet over medium high heat. Spray with cooking oil or drizzle some olive oil and add the veggies in batches. Once veggies are cooked set aside covered. Now add brats and cook on both sides until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F. Enjoy! 

We made quite a bit of changes to that recipe. Next time I will probably let the marinade sit for at least 24 hours vs. my very impatient 1 hour. I would probably use half of the soy sauce too so it will be less salty. Our version is below.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup soy sauce (I would try 1/8 next time)
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tbsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
one horseshoe kielbasa sausage

Directions:
Cut vegetables into 1 inch pieces. Add all ingredients except sausage in a ziplock bag and marinade for up to 24 hours. Cut sausage into 1 inch pieces. Place everything on a baking sheet. Set oven at 400 degrees and cook for 15-20 minutes, turning halfway. Enjoy!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier