Crispy Honey Sesame Chicken recipe

I have a few great recipes for you guys coming up and I'm so excited to share them. These past two weeks Kevin and I did a competition of who can lose the most weight. I think he has lost four pounds and I've gained one. I was at my lowest weight in awhile a few days ago but tomorrow is the day when it counts. Also, since work has been super busy this week, we had a cheat day today of pizza so I'm sure that won't help. Earlier this week though we had a few really good meals including this Crispy Honey Sesame Chicken recipe. 

This recipe for chicken reminded me a lot of the Korean Fried Chicken that I made the other night. Both are fried and have some of the same ingredients. The Crispy Honey Sesame Chicken recipe was taken from HERE and our version is below.

Ingredients for the Chicken:
2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch cubes
2 eggs beaten
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
10oz canola oil for frying

Ingredients for the Sauce:
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp wine smoked garlic by Salt Smith
sesame seeds for garnish

Directions:
Place eggs in a bowl and stir with a fork until blended. Combine flour and cornstarch in a plate and stir together. Heat oil in a deep frying pan. Dip each piece of chicken in the egg mixture and then in the flour mixture. Add chicken to hot oil and cook for 5 minutes or until golden brown. PS While you are placing the chicken in the oil, do so softly, otherwise, if you have another pot on the stove behind this one and oil spills out, it will start a fire. A legit fire that I had to call my fiance in to help me put out. 

Move chicken over to paper towels. 

Prepare the sauce. Set the pan over medium heat and add honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, brown sugar and wine smoked garlic. Whisk to combine. 

Bring sauce to a boil and reduce to simmer and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes or until thick. Add chicken back in and cook for 1-2 minutes longer, pouring sauce over chicken. 

Garnish with sesame seeds. Serve with mashed potatoes, green beans, garlic bread, and other sides. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier