Healthy Beef and Broccoli with White Rice

The

The night I got home from Utah called for a delicious homemade Healthy Beef and Broccoli with White Rice meal. I love cooking and missed it so much while I was gone. It's also been nice to eat healthier since I've been home this week. This recipe was pretty easy to make and was another one from Davita that can be found HERE. I did not use garlic cloves, a tomato or peanut oil. I replaced the garlic cloves with garlic powder and used sesame oil instead of peanut oil.

Ingredients:
2 tbsp Wine Smoked Garlic from The Salt Smith
8oz sirloin beef, uncooked
12oz frozen broccoli
2 tbsp sesame oil
1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
1 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
2 cups white rice



Directions:
The original recipe calls for thawing out the frozen broccoli in the microwave but I ended up using a wok for both the beef and broccoli. I used the sesame oil and garlic and let it heat up for about a minute. I added the broccoli and cooked about 3-5 minutes until soft. I removed the broccoli and added the beef strips and cooked about 6-7 minutes. Be careful not to overcook. Prepare the sauce by combining the chicken broth, cornstarch and soy sauce in a bowl. Add the broccoli and beef back in the pan. Top with the sauce and cook for about one minute or until thick. Serve with white rice.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier