Easy Crockpot Baked Potato Soup

I love potato soup, and pretty much anything that goes in the crockpot, because both Kevin and I work full-time and Jace is at school and an after school program until 5 or so. Because I work from home, crockpot recipes are super easy and convenient. 

I have made baked potato soup recipes before and, in fact, my first food blog ever was a potato soup recipe and, to this day, is my most read food blog post. The last two I have made had required me to put the potatoes in a blender and both turned it more into a runny soup. I have to say though, even though it was an actual soup without chunky potatoes, it was really creamy and full of flavor. You can blend the potatoes to make them as creamy as you would like! This recipe was made by Food Folks and Fun and can be found HERE

You can find my previous posts here:
Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot
Easy Potato Soup in the Slow Cooker
Crockpot Potato Soup Recipe

Ingredients:
1 tbsp onion powder
7-8 medium potatoes, diced into cubes
12oz chicken broth
3/4 tsp pepper
1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
1 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup sour cream
1 cup cheddar cheese

Directions:
In a slow cooker, add the potatoes, onion powder, chick broth, and pepper and stir. 

Cook on high 4 hours or until the potatoes are fork-tender. Pour 75% of the potato mixture into a blender and blend to your desired level of creaminess - blend more for smooth, creamy potato soup or blend so that there are still potato chunks left. Pour back in the crockpot.

In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and heavy cream until smooth. Pour mixture into crockpot. Add cheese and sour cream. Combine. Place the lid back on the crockpot and let it sit back on high for about 20 more minutes. Garnish or eat as-is. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier