Honey Maple Trail Mix

Before I tell you guys all about this amazing recipe, I just need to vent. That's what a blog is for, right? Well, I've had a rough start to 2022. Although the final week of December was amazing because Jace and i went out to Utah and got to spend time with my amazing family and my best friend, there has been so much that has happened since. 

We were supposed to fly home on December 31st but our flight was completely cancelled with no scheduling options. Kevin was picking us up so I called him at 2am and he called me back at 5am. From 1-3am I was trying to get more flight information and trying to get ahold of someone at Delta. It ended up being a 4 hour wait so I went to bed. We ended up catching a flight for the next day, different airport but around the same time. We land on the 1st and I realized I don't have my backpack- with my license, prescriptions, debit card, credit cards...and I still to this day have no idea where I left it. My card hasn't been used yet but I'm hoping it gets found and returned. I have filed two claims and my sister even went to the airport with no luck 😭

Since being home, jace has been sick. It started with a cough on Tuesday so he stayed home and then we sent him to school today and he came home with a sore throat, scratchy voice and cough still. He won't go to school tomorrow either.

I have two huge cold sores on my lip either from stress or major weather changes from California to snowy Utah. They are quite embarrassing when I have to do video calls at work.

Ugh. I also have to pay $2,000 for a root canal that I'm getting in two weeks and my check today was short because I was in Utah last week and worked less than ten hours. 

How do you handle all the things and all the stress? 😭 I usually don't stress this much.

On a happier note, I thought that I would come back from Utah gaining 5 pounds because I ate so many poptarts. I ended up losing 1.5 pounds so that was awesome. That is the one thing that I have been proud of this week. Our dinner recipes have been healthy and even though we have a gazillion Christmas treats, I have said no to them since I got home Saturday afternoon 🙌 This is a huge deal for me!

Anyways...now to one of the delicious recipes but this is actually a snack or dessert recipe - Honey Maple Trail Mix from Davita of course. I saw over the holidays that Davita now has more than 1,000 recipes on their site so if you are looking for kidney-friendly, low sodium meals, you definitely want to check them out! 

We did not add the apple chips (I bought a bag and ate them all before I could get to making the recipe 🤣🤣) or cranberries. 

Ingredients- 3 cups golden grahams cereal, 5 cups cinnamon rice chex cereal, 8oz teddy grahams cinnamon, 3oz pretzel crisps, 1/2 cup butter (unsalted is best but we didn't have that unfortunately), 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup honey, 1/4 cup sugar free maple syrup

Directions- In a bowl combine the golden grahams, rice chex, teddy grahams and pretzel chips. In a pot on medium heat, melt the butter, brown sugar, honey and maple syrup until there are no clumps. Spray a big pan with pam or cooking spray. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Pour the butter mixture over the cereal mixture and move around with hands until all of the cereal is covered. Bake for 20 minutes and let cool for 5 minutes.

Serve right away and store the rest in baggies in the refrigerator. Enjoy! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier