Homemade Baked French Toast

Yesterday as a Sunday morning breakfast, I decided to make this French Toast. Not healthy, I know, but while stuck in quarantine, somethings gotta give. I don't think I have ever baked french toast before but there is a first for everything. I really enjoyed them with some sugar-free syrup. The original recipe can be found HERE. I used regular bread instead of a loaf of Italian bread and used Monkfruit instead of sugar. Enjoy!



Ingredients:
8 pieces of white bread
5 eggs
1 1/4 cup whole milk
1/2 cup Monkfruit
2 Tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
4 Tbsp butter, melted

For topping:
Powdered sugar
Sugar free syrup

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan. Place 4 pieces of bread one-behind-another and do that on both sides of the loaf pan.


In a large bowl, mix the eggs and milk to combine.


In a separate bowl, whisk the sugar and cinnamon together and add it to the eggs.


Stir in the vanilla. Slowly pour over the bread - I made sure each slice had the front and back covered in the custard. Brush the butter over the top of the bread and bake for 27 minutes. Let the French toast cool, add powdered sugar and sugar-free syrup. Enjoy!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier