Shredded Pulled Chicken BBQ Hamburgers

Is anyone else super happy that it's Friday? This week I went to the gym a few times and got down to my lowest weight of down 11 pounds since June. I was at a plateau for so long and I finally decided to change up the way that I eat breakfast and also workout more. I'm going to try and go to the gym today as well.

Last night I made this Pulled Chicken in the crockpot but I have to preface this recipe by saying that the original recipe was BBQ Chicken and there is literally no BBQ sauce or anything BBQ-related on this burger. The original recipe is HERE and there are many more like it on Google but I changed mine up for a few reasons - I didn't have Tomato Sauce so I replaced it with Tomato Soup (still tasted delicious!), I didn't use Green Chiles or Ground Chipotle Chile. Below is what we made as our own. This recipe, I don't really know how to explain the flavor, not too sweet, not too tangy, not BBQ, just perfect I'd say!

Ingredients:
8oz can Tomato Soup
3 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
2 Tbsp Honey
1 Tbsp Paprika
3 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
2 Tsp Dry Mustard
1/2 Tsp Salt
1.5 Pounds Boneless, Chicken Thighs
1 Tsp Onion Powder
1 Tsp Garlic Powder
4 Oz Beef Broth



Directions:
Combine tomato soup, honey, paprika, worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, beef broth and chicken thighs in a crockpot. Mix and stir until combined. Cook for 3 hours on low.


Add tomato paste and apple cider vinegar. Cook for 2 more hours on low. Shred chicken and stir throughout the 5 hours. Bake hamburger buns in oven, 350 degrees for 5 minutes. Place shredded chicken on hamburger buns. Enjoy!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier