Pizza Calzones using Fathead Dough

Guys, I am so glad it's a new week! After a long week last week and a weekend of not feeling super great, I'm finally back at it. I looked at my Fitbit last night and I got 8 hours and 40 minutes of sleep last night! That's what happens when I'm so ridiculously tired that I don't stay up on my phone until midnight. Although, let's be real, the biggest reason of why I'm on my phone is so I can find more recipes to make delicious meals which leads to delicious blogs!

Kevin has been sick the past few days unfortunately so I didn't want to make a huge meal - especially since he hasn't really been eating. I saw a recipe on this Facebook group that I'm in HERE and conformed it to my own. I gave Jace the choice of Calzones or Red Beans and Rice with Sausage and he said Calzones so here we are. It seems like my recipes are always changed up because I either don't have the right ingredients or run out of the ingredients and this recipe was no different.

The Calzones are made using the Fathead Dough - I have a recipe HERE in which I have made this dough before and it turned out SO good! It's a low carb/Keto option. I ran out of mozzarella cheese so we used mozzarella for one and then cheddar cheese for the other. This recipe below made four calzones.

Ingredients:
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
6 Tbsp cream cheese
2 eggs
3/4 cup Coconut Flour (x2)
Italian Seasoning
Melted Butter
Pepperoni slices
Marinara/Spaghetti sauce

Directions:
I cooked one mozzarella calzone by combining the mozzarella cheese and 3 Tbsp of the cream cheese is a microwave-safe bowl. Cook for 45 seconds, stir, and cook for 45 more seconds. Add 3/4 cup Coconut Flour and 1 egg. Use your hands and divide dough into two balls. Place on a PAM-sprayed cookie sheet. Spread or roll out until your desired thickness.


Bake at 425 degrees for 7 minutes. Do the same with the cheddar cheese calzone except use the cheddar cheese in place of the mozzarella cheese.


Once the 7 minutes is up, take out of the oven and on both sections, add spaghetti sauce, pepperoni slices, cheese, and any other toppings. Fold over, use a spatula and wipe the top with melted butter and top with Italian Seasonings.

                                     



Cook for 10 more minutes. Use a pizza cutter and slice into pieces. Enjoy!! 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier