Oven Baked Tri-Tip with Marinade + Asparagus

How's everyone dealing with the "lockdown" and "quarantine" situation?? I hope everyone is OK. Today is the first day that I drank alcohol beverages and, I have to say, it's rather nice and much needed.

Anyways, tonight I made a tri-tip, asparagus and mashed potato recipe. I actually marinaded the tri-tip two days ago. On Tuesday I ordered Instacart and the store didn't have ground beef or turkey so I purchased a tri-tip and a roast (limit two meats per family). I put this in the refrigerator and marinated it on Thursday and then baked it in the oven today. The tri-tip I purchased was 4 pounds and most of the recipes were 2-3 pound tri-tips so it took a little bit longer to cook. It ended up a tad bit chewy but I love the burnt ends and I still thought it was delicious. The roast recipe was combined using African Bites Recipe and Baking Mischief's Recipe. I also used the Asparagus recipe from All Recipes but didn't add the lemon juice or pepper.

The full recipe and marinade as well as the Asparagus recipe are below. Enjoy!

Tri-Tip Roast + Marinade Ingredients:
4 pound tri-tip roast
Salt and Pepper, to taste
2 tbsp minced garlic
2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp dried basil
1 tbsp olive oil
1/3 cup red wine
2 tsp onion powder
1 tbsp vegetable oil



Asparagus Ingredients:
6-8 pieces of Asparagus spears
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp parmesan cheese

Tri-Tip Roast + Asparagus +Marinade Directions
Mix together garlic, thyme, paprika, basil, olive oil, red wine, onion powder, salt and pepper.


Place tri-tip in a bowl and rub the marinade over the meat.



Cover with aluminum foil and leave in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.


When you are ready to cook the tri-tip, preheat oven to 425. In a large cast-iron skillet, heat 1 tbsp vegetable over high heat and place tri-tip fat side down on skillet.


Lower heat to medium-heat and cook for 4 minutes. Flip tri-tip over and transfer to oven.


Roast for 15-20 minutes per pound. Initially I did 40 minutes for a 4 pound tri-tip and ended up cooking for 20 minutes more. I didn't have a meat thermometer so we cut a slice off after 40 minutes and realized it needed to be cooked longer.


While the tri-tip is roasting, put together the Asparagus. Cut off the ends of the Asparagus, cover in olive oil and then top with parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and salt. Place in a pan and put in the oven with the Roast for 12-15 minutes. Temperature is the same - 425 degrees. I also added the stovetop mashed potatoes. Delicious meal!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier