Smoked Sausage and Tortellini in the Cast-Iron Skillet

I am trying to do as much as I can with bringing you guys a recipe every night this week at least while we are all quarantined and stuck inside. These past few weeks I have been riding the wave and I didn't realize until tonight that I am lucky I did my major grocery shopping this past weekend. I ordered Instacart and they were out of ground turkey and ground beef. They were also out of raspberries, potatoes and when I went to the store this past weekend they were also out of water. Lucky for me, this recipe was super easy, didn't have a lot of ingredients or preparation and 9 year old Jace helped me with it as well. One thing I have been trying to do too is have Jace help me cook and he loves it. Our favorite show is Diners, Drive-in's and Dives. The original recipe was from Hillshire Farm but we didn't add any bell pepper, garlic, or onion. Super easy, and it was done in less than 30 minutes. 

Ingredients:
1 package of Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/4 inch slices
1 Tbsp Garlic Powder 
1 Tbsp Onion Powder
1 package Fresh Cheese Tortellini, cooked according to package directions
1 Tbsp dried Oregano
1 jar Marinara Sauce
2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, shredded




Directions:
Cook the tortellini according to package directions. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat and add smoked sausage. Cook until brown, or burnt. Add garlic powder and onion powder. Lower heat to low. Stir in cooked tortellini.



Add oregano, marinara sauce, and one cup of cheese. Top with remaining cheese. 



Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until cheese is melted. Enjoy with green beans and yogurt like we did! If you make this recipe, please let me know in the comments below if you enjoyed it and if you had your kids help you! 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier