Layered Ground Beef Taco Salad

If you follow me on Facebook, yesterday I did a Facebook Live of me attempting to go to the grocery store. All I needed was ground beef and ground turkey. Well, still being in the middle of quarantine, I went inside to Grocery Outlet and found a small tube of ground turkey. I was SO excited you guys! I then looked up, and realized there were larger tubes of ground turkey! Even better! I got home and was going to make this delicious Taco Salad...I cut open the ground turkey....and it's rotten ðŸ¤®ðŸ¤® It looked fine but literally smelled like rotten eggs. I called them right away and let them know that I was there just hours before and just went to make it and it was bad - and the expiration showed a few weeks away. The cashier told me to bring in the meat and the receipt and they could refund the money. WELL I pack all of the meat up in three bags because I didn't have a bag big enough for all of it and I take them in with me to Grocery Outlet. I luckily end up in the line with the lady that I talked on the phone with and she called Service down on the intercom to help me with my return. This guy comes over and said, "Because of the Coronavirus, we aren't returning any food or refunding any food" and I was like...."But you guys sold me bad meat." and he points to these signs (which I don't remember actually reading or looking at when I went in, or maybe I did and brushed it off because I didn't think I would be served bad meat?) and said, "Sorry, we can't refund" and then another guy came over and said the same thing. Even though it was only $6 I literally almost went out of the store crying. I called Kevin and he ended up calling and speaking with a manager. By this time, I headed over to Smart and Final and they didn't have any ground beef or turkey. Kevin told me to go back to Grocery Outlet and speak with Sarah who was the manager. I did so, they reimbursed me and made things right. Unfortunately, by the time I went back, they were out of ground beef and ground turkey as well so I couldn't even return the bad ground turkey for a new one (nor did I want to per-se). I went to Albertson's after that and no luck again. So, that was a very long story but I'm still super frustrated about this whole thing. Kevin went to the store tonight and found some ground beef (which I was super paranoid about and smelled it right away lol) so tonight I made this delicious taco salad. So, I apologize for not posting a recipe yesterday, we ended up having frozen pizza lol. I don't know who says "lol" in a blog post but ðŸ¤·ðŸ¤·

The original recipe for the taco salad is from Eating Well HERE.

Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef
2 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 avocado
1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
1 1/2 cups tortilla chips
1 cup salsa
1 15oz can of pinto beans, rinsed
3/4 of a bag of romaine lettuce
3/4 cup three cheese blend
1/2 tomato, diced


Directions:
Cook ground beef in a non-stick skillet. Add chili powder and 1/4 tsp salt. Stir until cooked, 5-7 minutes. Drain. Add beef in a large bowl. While the beef is cooking, make the avocado layer by mashing avocado, yogurt and 1/4 tsp salt in a small bowl or spoon until smooth.


Using the same bowl as the ground beef, layer with chips, and salsa.


Add pinto beans, and lettuce. Spread the avocado mixture over the lettuce.


Top with cheese and then tomato.


I served mine with chips and made it as a dip. It's super filling and delicious. Since I added ground beef instead of ground turkey and salted tortilla chips instead of unsalted, it may be a little on the unhealthier side. I am not leaving my house anymore for ground turkey :)

If you make this, let me know how it is or if you made any adjustments. Stay safe my friends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier