Chicken Enchilada Tacos Recipe

For those who don't know, I have a small glitter tumbler business that I started in February of this year. I received a custom order of eight tumblers that I am going to customize. I was supposed to receive 12 tumblers last night from Amazon and my order is running late :( I was going to spend all day making tumblers but, instead, you guys get a recipe :) 

This recipe is actually kind of funny because my plan last night was to make shredded chicken enchiladas (and since today is Mexican Independence Day and I'm partially Hispanic, this recipe totally makes sense) but it turned into shredded chicken tacos. Since Kevin, Jace and I are really trying to eat better, a lot of our recipes are from Davita and this recipe was no different. This is a crockpot recipe and it contains a homemade enchilada sauce. The full recipe for the enchilada sauce can be found HERE. It's a super easy recipe and if you still want to make enchiladas, the enchilada recipe can be found HERE. I really liked the idea of having the chicken sit in the enchilada sauce in the crockpot - I thought it ended up to be an amazing recipe and will definitely make this again. Jace had three tacos and gave it a thumbs up! If you make this below, let me know how you made it and if you liked it! 

Ingredients:
One large can of tomato sauce (28oz, if you see a low sodium, that would be the best choice)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp salt
3 medium size chicken breasts
Corn tortillas

Directions:
Add all ingredients (except tortillas) to a slow cooker. 

Cook on high for 5 hours. Take chicken out and shred and cook for a few minutes longer. Once ready to eat, place corn tortilla on the stove for about 30 seconds per side, or until hot. Place chicken in tortilla. Add cheese, taco sauce and any other toppings. Enjoy! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier