Garlic Butter Steak Strips

I'm a little behind on writing a blog post but I have been busy. Jace and I went with some new friends this afternoon to the Paso football game and we loved it. It was in the 90's outside and perfect. And I didn't have to cook tonight because we ordered Domino's :) I know, I know, not the best but hey, it was a day I didn't have to cook so I was fine with it! Also, I'm currently watching the most competitive football game in Utah - Utah Utes and BYU - and I have been looking forward to this game for the past week. Even though I no longer live in Utah, it is still fun to watch! Pizza and football is the perfect Saturday night.

We made this recipe a few nights ago and I got compliments all around. The original recipe for the Garlic Butter Streak Strips can be found HERE. The recipe was a steak and potato recipe but we did steak and asparagus instead and it was probably one of the best recipes I have made! 

Ingredients:
1.5 pound steak strips
2 tbsp vegetable oil
4 tbsp butter
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
2 tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp oregano
Fresh cracked pepper
1/3 cup soy sauce

Directions:
To prepare the garlic butter steak recipe, put the steak strips in a bag and add 1 tbsp vegetable oil, soy sauce and cracked pepper. Let sit for 30 minutes or so. After 30 minutes, in a large skillet over medium heat, add 2 tbsp butter, thyme, Italian seasoning, oregano and cracked pepper. Lay the steak strips in one layer in the skillet, keeping the steak marinade for later. Cook the steak strips on each side for 1 minute each, until nicely browned. Before they are done, you can stir in the reserved marinade and cook for one minute longer. 


In the meantime, layer asparagus on a baking sheet with parmesan cheese, vegetable oil, cracked pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Cook on 450 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Enjoy! 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier