Crockpot Beef Barbacoa

I'm sure you all are sick of hearing about our moving situation so I'll make this short. We have 9 days until we are moving and still don't know where we are going. I went and looked at a 2 bedroom in Atascadero today and he will let us know on Tuesday. I'm not 100% counting on that one so I'm moving forward with looking at a place tomorrow and hoping we can look at a few places this weekend. I still have a lot of packing to do so the weekend will be packing and selling items that we don't want to take with us. I'm looking forward to moving, I think we need a restart so it should be good. I just hope we are able to find a place so we don't have to move twice.

Like always, I'm still making time to cook almost every night. It really helps with keeping my mind off things, plus I can then make blogs and let you know how wonderful (or not so wonderful) the recipe turned out :)

Yesterday was supposed to be Kevin's last day at his job so they had a company BBQ (even though he ended up staying) so he brought me home hot dogs, sausage, and hamburgers. This Beef Barbacoa was already in the crockpot so Kevin had the barbacoa and said it was amazing. He put his in a tortilla but you can really do whatever you want with it - even eat it by itself. The original recipe was from DietHood HERE. Our version is below. I did make a few changes/adjustments to the original recipe. We used half the original size chuck roast, no onion powder (we are out), garlic powder instead of garlic, and no green chilies or Adobo.

Ingredients:
1.5 pound chuck roast (it was only Kevin and I, if you have more than two people, you can double the serving size)
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp ground cumin
1 Tbsp dried oregano
1 1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp pepper
1/2 cup beef broth
2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Tbsp lemon juice
5-10 bay leaves


Directions:
Add the chuck roast to the crock pot. Add garlic powder, ground cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper.


In a small bowl, mix together beef broth, vinegar, and lemon juice.


Pour broth mixture over the ingredients in the slow cooker. Add bay leaves and cook on low for 6 hours.

Shred with two forks and it should fall apart easily. You can put in a tortilla or eat by itself. Enjoy!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier