Chicken Enchilada Nachos

So we are moving out next Saturday (11 days!!) and have NO idea where we are moving to - still. It's so frustrating and so stressful. We thought we were set in Barstow but since that plan changed, we are on such a strict schedule to be out. I know we won't be homeless but still! I have 4 pages worth of people that I have contacted and Kevin's Mom has been messaging me rentals so I'm hoping to find a place ASAP. I am going to see a place in Atascadero on Thursday and one on Friday so hopefully one of those work out - we already applied for both and explained the situation to both of them already so I'm hoping we just see one we like and get it right then! I can't wait until we can buy a house. I'm sure that won't be for a few years - and when we decide on a more permanent area to move to. California is SO expensive, never live here! LOL

Anyways, cooking and baking has helped with keeping my mind off of the stress. Last night I made these Chicken Enchilada Nachos. I just realized that I have made a lot of nachos lately! And my stomach is showing that, I have finally started to gain weight :/ I have been doing really good while the stay-at-home order has been enforced. I lost a little bit of weight and then been maintaining but now I'm up a few pounds so I need to focus on eating better and working out - I have been so lazy though. Anyone else?

This Chicken Enchilada Nacho recipe originally came from this recipe HERE.

Ingredients:
2 boneless skinless chicken breast
1 1/2 cups red enchilada sauce
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tbsp onion powder
A bag of tortilla chips
6oz cheddar cheese
1 avocado
1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup canned corn, drained
1/8 cup fresh cilantro leaves
sour cream, for topping

Directions:
In a crockpot, place the 2 boneless skinless chicken breast and enchilada sauce. Add in minced garlic and onion powder. Cook for 5 hours on low. Shred chicken with two forks.



Take out of crockpot and move to a bowl and let sit while you are preparing the nachos.


Preheat your boiler and place on HI. Dump chips out on a PAM sprayed baking sheet. Sprinkle with cheese and place the sheet in the oven until cheese is melted, about 2-3 minutes (watch it carefully).


Remove the chips and top with the shredded chicken mixture, black beans, corn, more cheese if you would like and place back in the broiler for 1-2 more minutes. Sprinkle the chips with sour cream, avocado and fresh cilantro leaves.



We had SO much extra and they were so good. If you want more nacho recipes, click on one below to see some past recipes I have made:

Cheesy Shredded Chicken Nachos
Irish Nachos in the Oven and Skillet
Healthy Chili Cheese Nachos
Cast-Iron Skillet Nachos
Cast-Iron Skillet Nachos Using Flavor God Seasoning 

Let me know what your favorite Nacho recipe is in the comments below!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier