Keto Cinnamon Rolls

I decided to take a day break and not look for apartments today. I may do that tonight but I decided to go penny shopping at Dollar General instead. I have been penny shopping for about a year now and absolutely love it. If you want to read more about penny shopping and what I have found and how it works, you can click my blog here --> Penny Shopping at Dollar General

If you don't know or haven't heard of Penny Shopping, here is just a glimpse of what I got today - all for pennies!



Back to the grind, and apartment hunting, tomorrow. I am going to see a place tomorrow and Friday so hopefully one of those works out!

Last night we made breakfast for dinner (am I the only one that calls it brea-fast?) and I really need to get my weight back on track so I decided to try these Keto Cinnamon Rolls from Keto Smart where the dough and frosting are both made from scratch. As usual, I didn't have a few ingredients so I replaced them with other ingredients. My recipe and version is below. By the way, my first bite of these was AMAZING. I'm not sure if it's because I didn't eat for like 7 hours or because it was really that good. They definitely tasted better fresh but they are already gone! This is definitely a recipe that I will be making again!

Ingredients for the Dough:
2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
3oz cream cheese
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cornstarch
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup Monkfruit

Ingredients for the Cinnamon "Sugar":
1/2 cup melted butter
1/3 cup Monkfruit
2 tsp cinnamon

Ingredients for the Cream Cheese Frosting:
3 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
3oz cream cheese
1 Tbsp Monkfruit
1/2 tsp vanilla extract



Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine the mozzarella and cream cheese and melt together for 2 minutes in the microwave. Stir until smooth. Add the remaining dough ingredients to the bowl - eggs, vanilla, coconut flour, salt, cornstarch and Monkfruit. In a small bowl, mix together the lemon juice and baking soda and pour into the dough mixture.

Wet hands and mix the dough together. Spread the dough out, press on the dough and spread out as much as you can, as flat as possible. Cut into 8 strips and set aside.


Combine the melted butter, Monkfruit and cinnamon. Mix well. Spread half of this mixture on the 8 dough strips. Roll them up and place them on a greased pan. Use the remainder mixture and pour over the tops of the cinnamon rolls.


Bake 15 minutes. While they are baking, make the frosting.

Add the cream cheese frosting ingredients to a bowl and use a hand mixture to mix and incorporate the ingredients. I ended up tasting it and added more vanilla (1 tsp) and more Monkfruit (another 1-2 Tbsp). I tried it again, placed in the fridge until the cinnamon rolls were done and it was amazing!


Spread on cinnamon rolls and enjoy! Kevin loved the frosting and I loved the cinnamon rolls fresh out of the oven! They may not look pretty but they were surely delicious!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Potato Soup in the Crockpot

Book Review and Summary - Prince Harry - "Spare"

10 Ways to Make Parenting a Middle Schooler a Little Bit Easier